Volunteer support is an essential component to the success of our ALS Center. There are multiple ways in which volunteers can help that include:
- Assisting patients or family members in your community with errands, transportation, and accompanying them on their medical visits.
- Helping with administrative duties in the Center related to patient educational materials.
- Assisting with patient visits at the Center.
- Providing help and support at educational conferences and fundraising events.
- Helping patients and families outside the Center cope with different aspects of living with ALS by becoming a peer counselor.
- Providing support through conversation and sharing of experiences.
All of these are excellent ways volunteers can help at the ALS Center. If you are interested, please contact ALScenter@columbia.edu.